Tatjana Ahmed, Housekeeping Manager, Grand Hyatt Dubai
In light of the ongoing pandemic, some must have already made resolutions for 2021, because change needs to happen. Looking back, 2020 has given us plenty of good reasons for change. Especially since these unprecedented times have thrown some light on what is really important in business as well as in our private lives.
Here are my resolutions:
• Go to work without my car; we are accountable for global warming. Using the bus a few days a week will contribute a bit to save our earth.
• Find time for myself and my family
• Do something for my body and soul for 30 minutes a day and keep time reserved for my family for a healthy conversation and dinner together
• Do charity by giving food, education and clothes to people in need
• And at work, continue to be cautious about the pandemic and keep our hygiene regime as the highest priority.
Apart from this, I did not hesitate to ask my colleagues here in UAE what their take was on a New Year’s resolution. Here are their answers:
“As a hotel housekeeper since 10 years, I am fortunate to work in a strong and adaptable industry, and my resolution for 2021 is to maintained efficient and well-defined high procedures of hygiene and sanitization of facilities and guest satisfaction that will ensure to emerge from these most challenging times.”
-Ajay Kumar Pandey, Executive Housekeeper, Signature Hotel Tecom Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“My KEY resolutions are:
• Excel to deliver the company promise of ‘Commitment to Clean’
• More focus on the wellbeing of team and self: 1. Learn and teach one exercise every month to team. 2. Declutter for a better life. 3. Explore new hobbies with the new normal. 4. Give yourself a new look - wear workout gear that makes you feel good. 5. Add citrus to your grocery cart.
• Establish Work-Life Balance.
Stick to your resolutions and keep up your smile while wearing mask!"
Hari Sudhakaran, Executive Housekeeper, Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort
“Housekeepers must continue to grow, create and provide an innovative platform for every housekeeping associate to excel better.”
Pamini Hemaprabha, Complex Director of Housekeeping, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina &The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina
“On the work front, being a Hygiene Hero for Wyndham Group; keep team members and guests safe from Covid-19 through regular trainings; checks/audits and follow-ups and Continuous improvement on the Safety and Hygiene levels in the hotel.”
Trishna Hundal, Cluster Executive Housekeeper, Certified HYGIENE HERO, Wyndham | Super 8 by Wyndham Dubai Deira
“My plans for New Year's 2021 are going to be a lot more different than they used to be, the priority is to be in good health and safe. My goals for 2021 as below:
• Learn Something New regarding Covid-19 Sanitization trend.
• Focus on developing myself to be Rooms Division Manager.
• Invest in Education. (Attend more courses)
• Achieve my hotel targets in cleanliness scores and develop my team.”
Rula AbuGhazi, Executive Housekeeper, Intercontinental Fujairah Resort
“In the face of global health concerns like Coronavirus, I want to consider additional rigorous deep cleaning and disinfection protocols in hotel guest rooms as well as throughout the property to mitigate risks.
• Ensuring a plan of action for deep-cleaning hotel guest rooms, meeting spaces, restaurants, the fitness center and other public areas is followed at all times.
• Good hotel hygiene protocols, such as implementing hand sanitizer stations and frequent cleaning of high-touch area are always in place.
• Get the Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Engineering teams together to schedule the right action plan to avoid significant disruption to operations and room readiness.
• Educate teams about standard operating procedures and best practices for each of their departments so they are fully aware of what they need to do, and don’t have to react with haste.
• Make sure all team members are empowered to flag all areas of concern and have a common space to log the information."
S. John Manohar, Cluster Executive Housekeeper, J5 HOTELS PORT SAEED, J5 RIMAL HOTEL APARTMENTS, J5 HOLIDAY HOMES